Wednesday, May 19, 2010

poison in the air, flowers everywhere


Turns out our lovely home contains radioactive gasses, from the breakdown of uranium to be precise. Radon baby. Radon is the 2nd highest cause of lung cancer. Apparently this may be more common in quaint little Cache Valley than one might expect. We now know that several people in our area have radon problems in their homes as well. Looks like we'll be installing a mitigation system. It might be worth it to check your own homes. http://www.radon.utah.gov/

2 comments:

Care said...

Hi Heather,

I had no other way to reach you -- hope leaving a comment here is okay!

You mentioned you were interested in joining an I-Spy Swap... One of my readers is hosting a swap! Sign-ups are at http://kenandtris.blogspot.com/2010/05/proposition-i-spy-fabric-swap.html

Hope you'll join! I AM!! :o)

Tristen said...

Hi Heather, can you send me your email address? I'm hoping to find 7 more people (in addition to you) so that I can expand it to a double swap (40 participants instead of 20) so that we can let everyone so far who has shown interest participate. Thanks! tristenlawrence at gmail dot com