Tuesday, April 6, 2010

meandering thoughts

The LDS conference this weekend (thanks to the internet) was great. I always love to be reminded of things to work on to improve myself. There is never a shortage of things to work on in the day :) Patience- as in working hard, is one of the things I wish to keep in mind.
This rest of this post is almost verbatim to my friend Jenny's. I had watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution when I was down in SL over a week ago and loved it. I was ready for a little extra motivation; I've been intending to put more action into my thoughts (especially after my doc told me to cut my sugars out....not to mention a handful of nutrition classes creating awareness of accountability) I feel pretty strongly about this, and if you feel any bit similarly, you should watch the video. (It is the same link from Jenny's blog to the video, so thanks for letting me steal this from you :) ) It is food for thought. At least my kids know what a tomato is though!
Here's Jamie Oliver telling you what he really means about a food revolution.
You can also sign his food revolution petition on his website here.

Thankfully, I can say we're starting our 2nd tray of broccoli sprouts (yum! even my kids eat them!) and I'm on the search for fairly quick, unprocessed, healthy meals, especially some that use our food storage and that my kids will eat. Cheers!

3 comments:

Jim Jiminy said...

Thanks for sharing the video, Heather.

jenny said...

OK, you need to teach me about the broccoli sprouts. I ALMOST paid $5 for a little containter yesterday, but I couldn't bring myself to. I am happy to report, however, that the kids BOTH ate chopped salad (Thanks, Jamie!) yesterday after I let them make it themselves. I have watched all the new episodes on hulu.com and am mulling over ideas for our schools...

Nicole said...

Yeah I found your blog! :)
I LOVED the food revolution and watched every week this season. It really is sad though! I took my kids to a picnic at the park and thought it was sad that some of the kids' ideas of picnic at the park is fast food in a bag. I could tell it wasn't just a one time treat either because the daughter was looking much like her mother if you know what I mean. I just think we need to be the examples for sure because our kids do what we do.
My kids love love love broccoli, but so do I so there's a perfect example :)