Tuesday, March 23, 2010

this and that

We spent more time than not down in SL last month. Being a bit compulsive, I manage to keep myself busy no matter where I am. I guess it gives me a chance to do the crafty things I normally don't do at home because I feel there are more pressing things that divert my attention. So, I worked on my first "real" sewing project, dresses (I don't feel like I can count curtains or pillowcases) and had some fun with different flowers.
I also finished covering the cough-drop tins my mom gave me and embellished them with the tags my cute friend Nicole gave me (Thanks Nicole!). We've been doing "commission" for Audrey. Rather than an allowance, she "earns" commission and has 2 tins- savings and spending, and sets aside tithing. I did 2 for Bethany at the same time, since I'm guessing I'd be a year behind if I waited to do them until she needed them.
The "bubble stick" was an alternate project because toward the end of working on pinwheels I discovered (apparently I didn't read the directions) that I didn't have any eyelets or the tool to set them, so the pushpin will have to work for now until I can find one. Oh well.
So, now that I have neglected any real projects that need to be done (cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. etc.) hopefully it will warm up again soon and I'll have even more motivation to press forward.

1 comment: