Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jalapenos, Anyone?


I've decided I really enjoy gardening, despite my gardens best efforts to frustrate me. The spinach quickly bolted, the peas were attacked by weevil, the potatoes have scab, the soy grew to a grand 3 inches and halted, some of the beets have issues (see photo below...we'll let you guess who had a hand in creating him), and we're guessing all of our squash plants bit it when someone sprayed round-up. I pulled out the beautiful carrots just to find they had gone to seed as well. However, our little jalapeno plant is thriving. So...I made jalapeno jelly for Doug this week. My estimation of what was needed in the recipe was a little off; I think I still have about 1/2 - 3/4 of a pound. We'd like them not to go to waste, so anyone who could use them and would like to come pick them up, give us a call.

1 comment:

Jim Jiminy said...

I would love some jalapeƱos, but I'm afraid I will not be able to pick them up. I guess I'll pass. Nice beet.